Careers in Geography
Learn How We Live on the Land
Geographers study relationships between the land and the people in it. Some might focus on features of the natural world, like landforms, climate, soils, water and plants. Others study links between the land and the economy, environment, health, culture or politics. Studying Geography can help you better understand where you live. And it can build research, reasoning and computer skills that are valued in many fields. An interest in Geography can also lead to careers in business, urban planning, engineering, economics or real estate.
Certificates & Degrees in Geography
If you want a degree in Geography, you’ll eventually need to transfer to a four-year college. At WWCC, you can take general ed and lower-level Geography courses that will prepare you for most Bachelor of Arts programs in Washington state. Then you’ll be able to transfer with junior standing.
Loading program content from Acalog…
Geography Program Details
- An understanding of discipline specific terminology and methods.
- An ability to correctly use discipline specific tools and /or techniques.
- Critical thinking skills necessary in science including appropriate study techniques, problem solving skills and the use of data to assess the validity of claims.
- The ability to research, interpret and communicate concepts obtained from scientific literature.
- An understanding of the relationships between course concepts and society, including the impact of course specific technology.
At WWCC, we’ll help you find scholarships that may be open to you. Scholarships provide money for school that you don’t have to pay back. They can be used for things like tuition, books, tools and fees. They come from sources like the WWCC Foundation, local businesses and private funds. Some
WWCC programs also have scholarships for students working toward a certain certificate or degree. You might qualify based on good grades, financial need or the potential to benefit from school. The bottom line: You have options. We’ll help you explore them at WWCC.
There are lots of ways to pay for college. We will work with you to find the right mix of support so that you can go after your dreams. Talk with us to learn more about:
- Financial aid — grants, scholarships and student loans.
- Workforce Education Services — support for students on workforce training pathways.
- Warrior Pledge — covers needs not met by other financial aid.
- Flexible payment plans — low monthly payments with no interest.
- Work study — work part-time on campus while you earn your degree.
- Emergency funds — for students who are struggling to make ends meet.
You can go to college. Start exploring your options today.
WWCC By the Numbers
Students at WWCC
Attend Full Time
Receiving Financial Aid
Still Searching for the Perfect Program?