FOR STUDENT EMPLOYERS
WWCC departments interested in hiring a student employee during the 2023-24 academic year, here is the process for hiring mangers:
- Complete a Requisition for Hire and Student Employment Job Description form. You may need to request a combo code from Business Services to complete the Requisition for Hire form. Once the Requisition and Job Descriptions are complete, email them to [email protected] with the subject line: Student Requisition for Hire.
- The student job positions are posted for students to review and then they apply for the job through NEOGOV.
- Career Services will review NEOGOV-submitted applications for minimum qualifications (current student, GPA requirements, etc.) and send qualified candidate applications to you for review.
- Conduct your interviews from those qualified candidates and select your new hire. Notify the student and Career Services of your selection.
- The new student hire will work with Career Services to complete the necessary new hire paperwork.
- Career Services will route the electronic Requisition for Hire through NEOGOV to obtain the necessary signatures from the hiring department, Financial Aid, etc.
- Once all processes are complete, Career Services will notify the student and hiring manager that the student may begin working. Once hired, the student employee will be required to complete mandatory new hire trainings sent to them by Human Resources.
WWCC is happy to partner with our community to promote job opportunities for our students! To be able to post your jobs on our website, please follow these steps:
- Sign up to create an Employer Profile on our Career Coach site.
- Once you have created a profile and it has been approved, you will be able to start posting opportunities on behalf of your company.
- Once your position is filled, please alert Career Services and we will remove the posting.