Skip to content
Walla Walla Community College
Exterior view of Health Sciences and Performing Arts Building E on Walla Walla Campus

Transfer involves planning your education at WWCC to ensure a smooth transition to another school.  While at WWCC, spending time exploring options, satisfy general education requirements, and use the many resources are available at Walla Walla Community College to help you plan and prepare for your future major and career pathway.

There’s more than one way to transfer.  You can transfer with a degree or without.

Transferring with a transfer degree provides a student applying to a school accepting the DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) is granted junior-level standing and completion of general education requirements.  See our Schools page for more information on specific admissions requirements and links to help you research.

Transferring without a transfer degree in some cases is more beneficial.  Usually, there is a minimum number of credits to qualify as a transfer student at an institution.  See the admissions page for your intended transfer institution for information.

Two students writing in notebooks


These degrees are designed to be transferable to universities.  These degrees support support the transfer of credit, but do not guarantee admission.

  • Associate in Arts – DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement)
  • Associate in Biology – DTA/MRP (Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Ready Pathway)
  • Associate in Business – DTA/MRP (Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Ready Pathway)
  • Associate in Math Education – DTA/MRP (Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Ready Pathway)
  • Associate in Nursing – DTA/MRP (Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Ready Pathway)
  • Associate in Science, Option I
  • Associate in Science, Option II

Details can be found in the College Catalog

Associate in Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T) Degrees

These degrees are dual purpose in that the specific coursework required for each degree prepares students to transfer to a specific school that has an active articulation agreement.  * Denotes AAS-Ts with current articulations are with Washington State University and Evergreen State College.  All others are articulated with Evergreen State College.

Transfer Resources

Visit our catalog for details on transfer:

  • Transfer Policy and Information
  • Washington Reverse Articulation Program
  • Transfer Rights and Responsibilities
  • Transfer Agreements
  • List of Transfer Courses