Walla Walla Community College District No. 20 (WWCC) is committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination for all educational and employment applicants, as well as for its students and employed staff, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, including gender expression/identity; genetic information, marital status, age (over 40); the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability; or, status as a Vietnam and/or disabled veteran, National Guard member or reservist; in accordance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Federal Rehabilitation of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and any other applicable Federal and Washington State laws against discrimination.
The President has assigned overall Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity program responsibility to
- Sherry Hartford, Vice President of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator 509.527.4382.
- The College’s Section 504 Compliance Officer is Sherry Hartford, 509.527.4382; and,
- Disabilities Support Services Coordinators are:
- Walla Walla Campus, Bobbie Sue Arias 509.527.4543;
- Clarkston Campus, Heather Markwalter 509.758.1703.
The College’s TDD number is 509.527.4412. It is considered to be the day-to-day obligation of each WWCC staff member to support this plan and to ensure that fair and equitable treatment is provided to all persons accessing the services of the College.