Direct Transfer Agreements with Baccalaureate Institutions

The baccalaureate (four-year) colleges and universities In Washington state listed below subscribe to the Inter-college Relations Commissions (ICRC) Guidelines for Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA). The DTA associates’ degrees are recognized as fulfilling most, if not all, of the general education requirements for these institutions. Students who complete a DTA will normally be granted junior standing upon admission. Students should check with their intended transfer institution for further details regarding any additional general education, major prerequisites and admission requirements. This list is subject to change. See your advisor for updated information and details of transfer.

  • Bastyr University
  • Central Washington University
  • City University
  • Cornish College of the Arts
  • Eastern Washington University
  • The Evergreen State College
  • Gonzaga University
  • Heritage University
  • Northwest University
  • Pacific Lutheran University
  • Saint Martin’s University
  • Seattle Pacific University
  • Seattle University
  • Trinity Lutheran College
  • University of Washington
  • University of Washington – Bothell
  • University of Washington – Tacoma
  • Washington State University
  • Washington State University – Tri-Cities
  • Washington State University – Vancouver
  • Western Washington University
  • Whitworth College

Other Transfer Agreements

For other transfer agreements and articulations, please visit the Transfer Center online or in person in the Student Development Center.

Academic Transfer Information

Walla Walla Community College offers courses in most academic areas. These courses meet requirements for associates’ degrees and will transfer to four-year institutions within guidelines established by those schools. The courses and degrees offered are designed to enable the student to make a successful transition to a four-year institution. Students who plan to transfer to a specific college or university should work with a transfer advisor both at the community college and at the four-year institution they plan to attend.

While the agreements with Baccalaureate institutions assure the transfer of credit, the admission to a particular university or university program is not assured. Each institution has separate admission criteria which can be based on grades, prerequisite coursework, test scores, and other considerations. Students who plan to transfer to a university should attend a college transfer workshop, work with a community college advisor, and make early contact with their intended transfer school.

Many universities have advisors who visit WWCC. Students are encouraged to visit with these representatives when they are on campus.

For more information about transfer programs, contact the Academic Education Office (509.527.4212), the Student Development Center (509.527.4262) or the Transfer Center (509.527.3679) in Walla Walla and (509.758.1718) in Clarkston.