A culture of evidence at the college supported by secure and accurate data, wherein it is recognized that the college’s data are strategic, shared assets.
Data Council leads data governance efforts at the college, assuring the integrity and accuracy of the college’s data and data systems by promoting communication among data users, developing guidelines for data and system use, liaising with SBCTC’s Data Governance Committee, and serving as a consultative body for data interpretation and coding.
Goals for 23-24
- Create a Data Dictionary to provide a source of truth regarding terms defined by WWCC vs. SBCTC – ongoing, establish milestones to work towards.
- Create and implement training on how to pull data from ctcLink for all college stakeholders.
- Create and implement a vetting process for reports that are published or shared widely with the college.
Council Chair for 23-24
Established by position with the exception of the faculty representative. Faculty rep serves for two years and is appointed by Faculty Senate.
- Nick Veluzzi – ex officio/ELT Liaison
- Erika Bockmann – Chair (always represented by the Registrar)/CS Pillar Lead
- Stephanie Groom – HCM Pillar Lead
- Katie Ross – SF/FIN Pillar Lead
- David Rudnick – CS Business Analyst
- Victor Lopez – HCM/FIN Business Analyst
- Jack Carico – IT Rep
- Joshua Slepin – IR Rep
- Gerald Sampson – Faculty Rep