Gender & Women’s Studies
Careers in Gender & Women’s Studies
Build a Resume of In-Demand Skills
When you choose Gender and Women’s Studies, you’re not choosing a specific career track. Rather, you’re building a set of skills that can make you valuable in any job. You’ll learn to think deeply about complex issues. You’ll become a strong researcher and writer. You’ll examine the social structures that affect how people are perceived and treated. And you’ll develop a deep respect for people of different genders, races, body types and incomes. Your degree can open up careers focused on women or gender equality. Or it can be a springboard to any number of careers in the public, private and nonprofit sectors.
Certificates & Degrees in Gender & Women’s Studies
By starting your education at WWCC, you’ll save money on a bachelor’s degree compared to doing all four years at a traditional college. The associate degree you’ll earn here is designed to meet the general ed requirements of most colleges in Washington state. So you’ll be able to transfer with junior standing and start a career with less debt.
Loading program content from Acalog…
Gender & Women’s Studies Program Details
- The ability to analyze past and present society, diverse cultures and histories to better understand individual and group behavior and enhance self-awareness.
- An understanding and working knowledge of the theories, concepts, ideas, terminology, and factual evidence in selected fields within the social sciences.
- Sensitivity in understanding diverse views and perspectives.
- An understanding of the historically and socially constructed nature of human differences.
At WWCC, we’ll help you find scholarships that may be open to you. Scholarships provide money for school that you don’t have to pay back. They can be used for things like tuition, books, tools and fees. They come from sources like the WWCC Foundation, local businesses and private funds. Some
WWCC programs also have scholarships for students working toward a certain certificate or degree. You might qualify based on good grades, financial need or the potential to benefit from school. The bottom line: You have options. We’ll help you explore them at WWCC.
There are lots of ways to pay for college. We will work with you to find the right mix of support so that you can go after your dreams. Talk with us to learn more about:
- Financial aid — grants, scholarships and student loans.
- Workforce Education Services — support for students on workforce training pathways.
- Warrior Pledge — covers needs not met by other financial aid.
- Flexible payment plans — low monthly payments with no interest.
- Work study — work part-time on campus while you earn your degree.
- Emergency funds — for students who are struggling to make ends meet.
You can go to college. Start exploring your options today.
WWCC By the Numbers
Students at WWCC
Attend Full Time
Receiving Financial Aid
Still Searching for the Perfect Program?