Skip to content
Walla Walla Community College

Renewing Quarterly Accommodations

In college, accommodations do not automatically renew each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to request accommodations each quarter they would like to use them. While DSS does it’s best to remind students, it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to complete the renewal form. Accommodations are not retroactive.

If you are requesting your Letter of Accommodation to be renewed for the following quarter, be aware that the Request to Renew Accommodation Form must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the start of the quarter for your Letter of Accommodations to be shared with instructors before the first day of class. Forms submitted after that may take up to 2weeks to be processed.

Step 1: Register for classes

Step 2: Complete the Request to Renew Accommodation Form

Step 3
: If you want to make changes reach out to your campus’s DSS office to schedule an appointment

Step 4
: Check your WWCC email for updates and information related to your accommodations

Step 5
: If you make changes to your class schedule after submitting the form please email the DSS office to let them know

Accessing the Testing Center

To take your test in The Testing Center please email, [email protected] for the Walla Walla Campus or [email protected] for the Clarkston Campus, at least 3 business days prior to your exam. If you have been approved for testing accommodations please notify The Testing Center what those accommodations are when scheduling the appointment.

Release of Educational Records

If you would like DSS, or any other office at WWCC to share your information with someone (including parents and guardians) you need to have a completed Release of Educational Records on file.

In order to share information with anyone besides the student a release has to be signed for all students enrolled in classes at WWCC no matter their age. This includes Running Start students.

Transferring Documentation between Schools

Are you transferring to another college?

These are the steps you can take to make the process of pursing accommodations at your new school as smooth as possible. Each disability office has a process that is unique to them and their students. What accommodations you are approved for and how you get approved will be different at each campus.

  1. Contact future college disability services office to inquire about getting started with them. Explore their website to get familiar with their process.
  2. Submit a request for your documentation and current letter of accommodation be shared with your future school to your DSS Coordinator or
  3. Request a copy of your documentation and current letter of accommodation be shared with you to submit to your future school.
  4. Review your accommodations to be familiar with what accommodations or assistive technology helped provide equal access for you. If you would like to meet with the DSS Coordinator on ways to advocate for your accommodation needs please feel free to do so.
  5. If necessary, obtain updated documentation from a qualified professional if your future school needs more detailed or updated documentation.
  6. Apply for accommodations at your future schools Disabilities Office at least 6 weeks before the start of the quarter.

Requesting a Letter for Professional Exams (NCLEX)

There are times that you will be working with another agency to take exams for licensure. If you are wanting to request accommodations for these exams you must follow the process for each professional organization. You may need a letter from the Disability Support Services office to submit during your application process. Please email your campus’ DSS Coordinator requesting a letter with information regarding which exam you will be taking. Please note that your letter may take up to two weeks to be completed and shared with you.

Discrimination Reporting

If you would like to report an incident of disability related discrimination and/or harassment please fill out the Bias/Discrimination/Hate Form on the WWCC website. You may fill out the form on behalf of yourself or another individual. You are also able to check a box stating you would like to remain anonymous to the involved individual. You may also set up an appointment to speak with your DSS Coordinator to talk about your concerns.