Career & Academic Education – English Language Acquisition
Advance Your Career
English Creates Opportunities
When you can speak, understand, read and write English fluently, you’ll have more choices. You’ll be able to take your education further. You’ll be able to apply for a wider range of jobs. And, as a bilingual employee, you’ll have unique skills and points of view to offer employers. Learning English can make communicating on the job easier. And best of all, it can increase your earning potential. Investing in yourself is worth it!
Certificates & Degrees in English Language Acquisition
Our ELA courses are designed to support a variety of goals. So there isn’t a one-size-fits-all certificate at the end. But these courses can help you earn a high school diploma or GED. Or they can help you get ready to start college — and go wherever your dreams take you.
English Language Acquisition Program Details
Students are placed by CASAS in Levels I through V. Students may register any time during the quarter. There is a $25 fee per quarter.
- Demonstrate academic reading, math, and written and oral communication skills through the development of critical thinking and comprehension strategies.
- Recognize themselves as learners and citizens capable of accomplishing their academic and professional goals and contributing to the larger community.
- Engage in campus activities, utilize campus resources, and demonstrate the ability to transition to and navigate academic and professional environments.
- Demonstrate an increase in computer literacy and proficiency in using technology for academic and professional purposes.
- Use interpersonal skills and strategies in a multicultural context.
At WWCC, we’ll help you find scholarships that may be open to you. Scholarships provide money for school that you don’t have to pay back. They can be used for things like tuition, books, tools and fees. They come from sources like the WWCC Foundation, local businesses and private funds. Some WWCC programs also have scholarships for students working toward a certain certificate or degree. You might qualify based on good grades, financial need or the potential to benefit from school. The bottom line: You have options. We’ll help you explore them at WWCC.
There are lots of ways to pay for college. We will work with you to find the right mix of support so that you can go after your dreams. Talk with us to learn more about:
- Financial aid — grants, scholarships and student loans.
- Workforce Education Services — support for students on workforce training pathways.
- Warrior Pledge — covers needs not met by other financial aid.
- Flexible payment plans — low monthly payments with no interest.
- Work study — work part-time on campus while you earn your degree.
- Emergency funds — for students who are struggling to make ends meet.
You can go to college. Start exploring your options today.
WWCC By the Numbers
Students at WWCC
Attend Full Time
Receiving Financial Aid
Still Searching for the Perfect Program?