Skip to content
Walla Walla Community College

There are many support services in our community available for Veterans.  Explore your options below.

Support Services for Veterans

Community Services

The following locations offer special services to veterans in our community. When contacting them for assistance, make sure to identify yourself as a veteran.

Walla Walla County Veterans Services/Veterans Relief

314 W. Main St
Walla Walla, WA 99362

Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial VA Medical Center

77 Wainwright Dr.
Walla Walla, WA 99362

SSVF (Supportive Services for Veteran Families)

Blue Mountain Action Council
8 E. Cherry St.
Walla Walla, WA 99362
509.529.4980 Ext: 600

Walla Walla Vet Center Readjustment Counseling Service

1104 West Poplar
Walla Walla, WA 99362


102 N Colville
Walla Walla, WA 99362

WorkSource Center

1530 Stevens
Walla Walla, WA 99362

  • Registration and referral to jobs, Information to training state/federal jobs, Job search planning, Referral to supportive services, Labor market information, Job search workshops, Individual Counseling.

If you are in need of medical care, you may be eligible for benefits through the VA Medical Center. Veterans can apply at any time, in any year. For more information, contact:

Jonathan M. Wainwright VA Medical Center

77 Wainwright Dr.
Walla Walla, WA 99362

Veterans Resource Center

The Veterans Resource Center is available to veterans, service members, and spouse/dependents. Services include, but are not limited to, study spaces with computer and printer access, information for on-campus and local counseling and tutoring resources, contact information for other local Veteran resource organizations, and flyers for upcoming WWCC or other local events.

The Center is located on the Walla Walla campus.  The Center invites campus and community partners to provide workshops, presentations and other outreach events to assist veteran students with their transition to college life.

Licensing & Certification Tests

VA offers payment for licensing and certification tests. The licensing and certification benefit allows the VA to pay you, if you’re eligible, for a license or certification test. You can receive reimbursement for approved licensing or certification tests you take on or after March 1, 2001.

These tests must be specifically approved for the G.I. Bill. You can receive up to $2,000 per test but VA can only pay for the cost of the test and not other fees connected with obtaining a license or certification. Students must be eligible for benefits to receive test reimbursement. They must have remaining entitlement and their delimiting date must not have passed. Your total months of entitlement to VA education benefits will be reduced each time you use your benefits for licensing and certification.

To determine the charge to your entitlement, the cost of the test is divided by your monthly benefit rate for full-time training. You may receive this benefit if you’re eligible for:

  • Montgomery G.I. Bill – Active Duty (not available for MGIB – Reservists)
  • Dependents Educational Assistance
  • One-time use under Post-9/11

Click here for more information.

GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at