Student-requested refunds may be granted. All student-requested refunds must be made by the student themselves by telephone, in person, or by email.
• 100% Refund – 3 business days before the class starts. The day that class begins does not count as one of the 3 business days. For example, to receive a full refund for a class that begins on Friday, the student needs to contact the Department of Continuing Education by Tuesday.
• 40% Refund – less than 3 business days before the class starts.
• No refund given the day of or after a class has started. Any exceptions to this policy will be listed clearly on the class registration page. Trips and travel classes are typically exceptions. Each trip has its own refund policy.
Changes and Closures
Due to circumstances beyond our control, locations and times may be changed during the quarter. We will contact you by email to notify you of these changes. Updated information will also be posted to the online class registration page.
Weather and Emergency Cancellation Policy
If Walla Walla Community College closes campus due to inclement weather or emergencies, Continuing Education classes will also be canceled. WWCC maintains a different campus policy than the K-12 Public School system. If the grade schools are closed it is possible that WWCC will still be running classes. It is the student’s responsibility to stay informed. When classes are canceled due to inclement weather or emergency situations, Continuing Education will schedule makeup class sessions if at all possible. Cancellations will be announced via the following outlets:
• WWCC Alert System (Email, Phone Call, and Text Messages will be sent)
• WWCC Website Homepage
• WWCC Warriors Facebook and Twitter Pages
• Local Radio and TV News Stations
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for a class?
There are three ways to register for our classes. Please use whichever option best suits you!
1. Online – You’re already here! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you can register online for the courses you’re interested in. Read the instructions on the Homepage of the registration site.
2. Phone – Call us at 509.527.4331.
3. In Person – At the Continuing Education Office #203 in the WWCC Main Building D, Upper Floor. Link to Campus Maps
How do I find my classroom?
Most of our classes are located in the WWCC Main Building D. The campus maps link will show you a map of the WWCC Buildings. Scroll down and click on the building in order to find your classroom location. You can also call WWCC Information Line at 509.522.2500 to get directions over the phone.
Does my class require texts or materials?
All text and materials information will be posted on the online class registration page. These details will also be included in your class confirmation email with the subject line “Your WWCC Class Confirmation”.
What is the cancellation policy for Continuing Education classes?
All classes are subject to cancellation based on low enrollment. Register early to ensure classes will happen! Evaluation of enrollment will be held at least 2-3 days before the first day of a class. If a class is canceled, you will receive notification by email before the scheduled start time. We issue full refunds for any canceled classes.
I have to miss a few class sessions. Can I pay for just the sessions that I will attend?
We are unable to prorate classes, so the full class fee is required for registration regardless of attendance.
Can I get college credit for Continuing Education classes?
What is my WWCC ID number (EMPL ID)? How do I get an EMPL ID number?
If you do not know your EMPL ID or have not attended any classes at WWCC in the past, that is okay! We will create an ID or find your existing ID for you. Please email us or give us a call after registering if you would like to know your EMPL ID. This number will never change and is used to identify you in our system.
Can I audit a class or get a senior discount?
Continuing Education classes are not eligible for audit or discounts. However, you may be interested in the senior waiver, which allows seniors 60 years of age or older to enroll in state-funded academic and vocational courses (does not include Continuing Education classes). This is limited to two classes per quarter at $2.50 per class when the class has met the full enrollment of 12 students and space is available in that class. Registration for these classes is after the first class meeting. Contact the Office of Admissions & Records at 509.527.4285 for more information.
Can I bring my child to class with me?
Children of any age, including infants, are not allowed in Continuing Education classes unless the class is specifically designed for children. We also ask that you not let your child roam the college campus unattended as it can be very disruptive to the learning process and is unsafe for your child.
What is the minimum number of students required for a class to run?
Minimum enrollment varies from class to class. Continuing Education makes every effort to plan classes in such a way that they can run even with a small number of students. It is important, however, that you do not wait until the last minute to register. Classes with low enrollment may be canceled and your registration could be the one that allows the class to run.