Transfer Degrees Summary Chart

For all transfer options listed below, students should contact the transfer institution for any additional requirements, procedures for admission, and to determine an appropriate education plan.

Transfer Degrees Summary Chart

Master List of Transferable Courses Refer to this guide when selecting courses to fulfill specific requirements for your transfer degree icon
Associate in Arts/DTA* Designed to fulfill general education requirements at Washington State baccalaureate institutions. 90 icon
Associate in Science/Option I Designed for students majoring in biological sciences, chemistry, geology, or environmental/resource science, and earth science. 90 icon
Associate in Science/Option II Designed for students majoring in engineering, computer science, physics, and atmospheric sciences. 90 icon
Associate in Biology/DTA/MRP** Designed to streamline and facilitate preparation for upper division coursework in Biology at many baccalaureate institutions in Washington State. 90 icon
Associate in Business/DTA/MRP** For students transferring to a baccalaureate institution to major in business. 93 or more icon
Associate in Math Education/DTA/MRP** For students planning to major in secondary math education at a baccalaureate institution. 90 icon

*DTA = Direct Transfer Agreement
**MRP = Major Related Program – a pathway outlining appropriate courses in order for students to be well prepared to enter the major upon transfer. Pathways follow one of two state-wide transfer agreements: The DTA or the Associate in Science.

Additional Academic Transfer Information

Quick Guide to Programs and Degrees icon

Articulation Agreements

Lewis-Clark State College Oregon State University University of Idaho

Academic Transfer Information

Walla Walla Community College offers courses in most academic areas. These courses meet requirements for associates’ degrees and will transfer to four-year institutions within guidelines established by those schools. The courses and degrees offered are designed to enable the student to make a successful transition to a four-year institution. Students who plan to transfer to a specific college or university should work with a transfer advisor both at the community college and at the four-year institution they plan to attend.

While the agreements with baccalaureate institutions assure the transfer of credit, the admission to a particular university program is not assured. Each institution has separate admission criteria which can be based on grades, prerequisite coursework, test scores, and other considerations.

Students who plan to transfer to a university should attend a college transfer workshop, work with a community college advisor, and make early contact with their intended transfer school.

Many universities have advisors who visit WWCC. Students are encouraged to visit with these representatives when they are on campus.

For more information about transfer programs, contact the Academic Education Office (509.527.4212), the Student Development Center (509.527.4262) or the Transfer Center (509.527.3679) in Walla Walla and (509.758.1718) in Clarkston.