About Your WWCC Password
Your WWCC NetID password is also referred to as your WWCC password. It is the password that is associated with your WWCC computing account.
Your WWCC NetID password is the one that you enter on the WWCC NetID login page when you are accessing many WWCC systems, including O365 Onlien, Wifi, and campus computers.
To protect information and resources, Walla Walla Community College requires strong passwords for all user accounts.
To be considered strong, your password (or passphrase – see below) Must:
- Be at least 14 characters long
- NOT be a password you have used with us before
- NOT contain your name or WWCC NetID
- NOT use common passwords such as “Password123” as they will not be accepted
- Use Uppercase, lowercase, special characters, and numbers
- Use a passphrase instead of a password
- Examples of passphrases:
Need help generating a passphrase? Use the following resource for inspiration.
- Hint: Check the Approximate Crack Time to test the strength of your passphrase or password
Update Your Programs and Devices
After changing your password on the ITS website, you will also need to update where your password has been stored. This includes email applications and WWCC wireless settings.
Account holders should be aware that it may take up to 15 minutes for your new password to become effective. During this time, your old password will continue to function.
Systems That Rely on the WWCC Password
Below is a list of some of the primary systems that require your WWCC password. When you change your WWCC password, the change will apply to the systems below.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Outlook
- WWCC Secure Wireless
- Campus Computers
Note: Some WWCC schools and departments maintain local systems that are not dependent on the WWCC password. Systems, where you are asked for PIN (instead of a password), are not dependent on your WWCC password.