Optional first step: Informational meeting with Disability Support Services. Please contact your campus DSS representative
|Walla Walla (509) 223-2016||Clarkston 509.758.1721|
|Bobbie Sue Schutter , Ph.D.
Coordinator of Disability Services
Student Affairs Coordinator/Retention Specialist/DSS
Preparation for Intake appointment & accommodation requests:
- Read the DSS Manual for comprehensive information.
- Complete Accommodation Request Form (Please download PDF and open with Adobe Reader to submit an entry)
- Disability Verification Form: completed by Qualified Professional
- Release of Information Form & Informed Consent: complete top section only
- Schedule intake appointment with Disability Support Services
During your intake appointment:
- DSS will Assess Specific and Reasonable accommodations for documented disability (additional appointment may be necessary if documentation is insufficient or incomplete)
- Upon successful completion of required forms with verification in place, DSS Coordinator will Complete Letter of Accommodation/Intent (LOAs)
- Letters of Accommodation will be sent electronically to Instructors, Testing Center (if needed) & Student Email account
- After Intake appointment: Student must meet with instructors to discuss LOAs (follow instructor protocol for scheduling appointments). This step will be completed each quarter.
Additional Processes that may be required or necessary:
- Check out equipment (recorders, chairs, magnification devices, headphones, spellers, etc.)
- Sign optional agreements (note takers, recording lectures, etc.)
- Follow up with DSS required each subsequent quarter for accommodations