Frequently Asked Questions
Are face coverings and physical distancing required?
In accordance with the Governor’s office and CDC advise, face coverings are recommended, physical distancing is no longer required, but recommended, please be cognizant of the personal space of others.
What happens if a student is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19?
In the event of a suspected or confirmed case within our campus community, WWCC may contact the local health department for guidance and identify/notify students and employees who have been in close contact with the infected individual on campus. Close contact is defined as someone the infected person had face-to-face contact with within 6 feet for a cumulative total of more than 15 minutes within a 24-hour period. The college will also initiate cleaning and disinfecting protocols where needed. WWCC will keep confidential the name of the person who tested positive. Full details are described in the 2021-22 Safe Return to Campus Plan.
- Notify your instructor/supervisor virtually
- Stay away from campus and others for 5 days from symptom onset/positive test
- If you have been fever free for 24 hours without use of fever reducing medication, you may return to campus on day 6, but must wear an upgraded mask (double mask, KN-95 or N-95) through day 10 from symptom onset/positive test
Is the COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for students?
All WWCC students are welcome on campus regardless of their COVID-19 vaccination status.
What does “fully vaccinated” mean?
As defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an individual is not considered to be “fully vaccinated” until two weeks after receiving the second shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks following the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson / Janssen vaccine.
What does, “up to date “mean?
- Up to date means that you have received the initial vaccine series, and any recommended boosters
- If you received the J&J one dose vaccine, you are eligible for booster after 2 months
- If you received Moderna or Pfizer series, you are eligible for booster after 5 months from you last dose
- Those people who are up to date do not need to quarantine for exposure if they have no symptoms, but must mask with an upgraded mask on campus for 10 days from exposure
When am I eligible for a booster, or an additional booster?
- CDC Booster tool will provide information on eligibility.
Where can I get tested for Covid-19?
What do I do if I have been exposed to Covid-19?
The CDC no longer recommends people quarantine for exposure to Covid-19 regardless of vaccine status, but those exposed must wear an upgraded mask (double mask, KN-95 or N-95) for 10 days following exposure on campus, and test on day 6. If symptoms develop, isolate and get tested.
Are the Computer Lab, Student Recreation Center, and similar facilities/spaces open?
These services and others are open and fully operational during normal business hours. WWCC’s Campus Store is also accessible online.
Will WWCC continue to offer online instruction?
Yes. In fact, we are offering more robust options than ever to meet the needs of students, in addition to on-campus, in-person options.