Walla Walla Community College is committed to maintaining its normal schedule even when weather conditions are inclement. While it can often seem like a predicted snowfall or ice storm is sure to cause campus closures, in actuality they are rare occurrences. Decisions about delaying classes or closing a campus are made based on a number of factors, including:
- current weather conditions;
- forecasted conditions for later in the day;
- the status of public transportation systems;
- the status of current road conditions; and
- the ability of WWCC maintenance staff to maintain safe conditions on campus.
In the event of severe or inclement weather, information about the status of a campus can be obtained in several ways:
- Local radio and television stations;
- Social Media – WWCC Facebook Pages (Walla Walla and Clarkston) and Twitter account;
- WWCC’s Emergency Alert System;
- WWCC Canvas site;
- WWCC homepage (Walla Walla and Clarkston) ; and/or
- Automated message on WWCC campus line
- Walla Walla Campus (509) 522-2500.
- Clarkston Campus (509) 758-3339.