WWCC Library Databases for Business
- IBISWorld – provides thoroughly researched, accurate, current business information, and expert analysis regarding market conditions, forecasts, supply chain, and competitor activity in the industry
- Mergent Intellect – business and financial information on public and private companies globally providing solutions from top down economic and demographic information, to detailed equity and debt fundamental analysis
- Small Business Reference Center (EBSCO) – offers exclusive full text for many top consumer small business reference books, as well as tools to address many small business topics and includes business videos, a help and advice section and details on how to create business plans
U.S. Census Bureau
- USCB QuickFacts – provides demographic, economic, and business statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5,000 or more.
U.S. Small Business Administration
- United States Department of Agriculture provides leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, rural development, nutrition, and related issues based on public policy, the best available science, and effective management.
- USDA – Marketing and Trade
- USDA – Agricultural Marketing Service
- USDA – Alternate Farming System Information Center
Washington State Government and University Extension Websites
Washington State Government Official Website
- Access Washington promotes public service to citizens and businesses by expanding access to government services and government information.
- Washington State Department of Agriculture supports the producers, distributors, and consumers of the state’s food and agricultural products.
- WSU Extension engages people, organizations, and communities to advance knowledge, economic well-being, and quality of life by fostering inquiry, learning, and the application of research.
- WSU – Walla Walla County
- WSU – Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources
Oregon State Government and University Extension Websites
Oregon State Government Official Websites
- Oregon Department of Agriculture provides consumer and natural resource protection and promotes economic development and market expansion opportunities for Oregon agricultural products.
Idaho State Government and University Extension Websites
Idaho State Government Official Website
- Idaho.gov is the website to turn to for information and services from the Idaho government.
- Idaho State Department of Agriculture pledges to ensure Idaho’s economic well-being and to recognize new opportunities that will redefine the future of agriculture in Idaho.
- University of Idaho Extension provides reliable, research-based education and information to help people, businesses, and communities solve problems, develop skills and build a better future.
Walla Walla Valley and Regional Websites
Walla Walla, etc.
Small Business Development Centers
Farm Bureaus and Ag Business
General Business Websites
Reports and Articles
- U.S. Census Bureau – Walla Walla and Umatilla Counties Comparison Report
- WSU Washington Agribusiness Status and Outlook 2016
- WSU Extension – Trends in Washington State Volume 8
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service Dairy Programs
- FDA Shuts Down Washington Family Creamery
- FDA Backs Down Over Aged Cheese
- Start up and Operating Costs for Artisan Cheese Companies
- Start-up and Operating Costs of Small Farmstead Cheese Operations for Dairy Sheep
- Second Career: Join the Craft Foods Movement
- Want to Be an Artisan Cheesemaker? Here’s Where to Start
- Cheese Making 101 for Farm Marketers: Making Quality Cheese