Information on how to complete your Financial aid with WWCC

To be considered for financial aid at Walla Walla Community College you will need to complete all required forms sent to you. Be on the look out for forms from our Financial Aid Office sent to the address listed on your FAFSA or WASFA. Be sure to complete those and submit to our office as quickly as possible.

Ways to submit
You can scan your forms or take a picture and submit via e-mail.
Email – [email protected]
Fax: 509-527-1875

What forms do you need to complete?

Are you a wanting to attend Fall 2021?

You’ll want complete the CURRENT school year (2021-2022) FAFSA or WASFA. or readysetgrad – WASFA

Not sure which one to fill out?

You can look over a checklist here: Which Financial Aid Application?

Be sure to fill out only ONE application!

Student Loans

Subsidized and unsubsidized loans are federal student loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education at a four-year college or university, community college, or trade, career, or technical school. The U.S. Department of Education offers eligible students at participating schools Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans. (Some people refer to these loans as Stafford Loans or Direct Stafford Loans.)

What’s the difference between Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans?

Direct Subsidized Loan – A loan based on financial need for which the federal government generally pays the interest that accrues while the borrower is in an in-school, grace, or deferment status. A borrower is eligible to receive subsidized loans for up to 150% of his or her program length.

Direct Unsubsidized Loan – A loan for which the borrower is fully responsible for paying the interest regardless of the loan status. Interest on unsubsidized loans accrues from the date of disbursement and continues throughout the life of the loan. This type of loan is not based on financial need.

Entrance Counseling – A mandatory information session, which takes place before you receive your first federal student loan; entrance counseling explains your responsibilities and rights as a student borrower.

Master Promissory Note (MPN) – An MPN is a legal document that contains the Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities and Terms and Conditions for repayment. Direct PLUS and Direct Subsidized / Unsubsidized loans have different MPNs. An MPN can also be good for up to 10 years if certain enrollment requirements are met. Access the MPN at:

Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement – We recommend you complete an Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment each year you accept a new federal student loan. Our goal is to help you understand your loans and how they affect your financial future.

If this is your first time accepting a federal student loan, you are acknowledging that you understand your responsibility to repay your loan.

If you have existing federal student loans, you are acknowledging that you understand how much you owe and how much more you are eligible to borrow.

You’ll also see other federal student aid information, including the interest rates and repayment options to make managing your student loans easier.


Exit Counseling – You must complete exit counseling when you leave school or drop below half-time enrollment. The purpose of exit counseling is to ensure you understand your student loan obligations and are prepared for repayment.

You’ll learn about what your federal student loan payments will look like after school. We’ll recommend a repayment strategy that best suits your future plans and goals.

Verification Worksheet Selection

Verification is currently being waived for the time being, as of July 2021, unless you were selected for a V4 or V5 verification. Those will need to be completely in front of WWCC Staff or a Notary in order to complete your file.