The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) provides regulation for institutions providing interstate eLearning education.  Federal Policy and state law requires US colleges be authorized to provide distance education in each state where a distance student resides while taking online classes.  Walla Walla Community College is working diligently to meet all authorization guidelines of states outside of Washington. By joining SARA, we are able to provide distance education opportunities nationally, but WWCC does not serve all 50 states.

At this time, we cannot accept online students who are or will be living in California, or the territories listed below at the time they are planning on attending Walla Walla Community College:

Territories:  American Samoa, Commonwealth of N. Marianas, Guam, Republic of Palau, and Republic of Marshall Islands


Professional Licensure Notice: Walla Walla Community College has not made a determination that our online classes and programs meet educational requirements for licensure/certification outside of Washington State. In addition, some states may have restrictions on programs that include internships, externships, and practicums.  If your program requires any of these, and you plan to complete the requirement in any state other than Washington State or to work outside of Washington State with this degree/certificate, please contact your program’s dean prior to registration.

Board of Nursing Professional Licensure Requirements: In accordance with U.S. Department of Education Regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v), the Nursing Program at WWCC has verified that our graduates are eligible for RN licensure in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon. No determination has been made as to whether WWCC nursing graduates are eligible for professional licensure in other states. Information regarding each state’s RN licensing requirements can be found on the National Council of State Boards of Nursing website .


Contact Erika Bockman (Assistant Dir. of Admissions) with questions regarding program availability in your state.

As part of the process of gaining approval to serve out-of-state students, state and federal guidelines require us to provide information about resolving complaints about our instruction or student services.