The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is 170 questions, 209 minute, proctored exam that measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage.
*For WWCC Nursing Students: Applicants are required to complete the ATI TEAS exam online in the WWCC Testing Center (or other approved ATI TEAS testing site). A hard copy of the applicant’s TEAS results must be stapled to the complete Nursing Program Application for submission.
- Reading Assessment: includes paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions
- Mathematics assessment: includes basic math problems, metric conversion, word problems, fractions and decimals, algebraic equations, percentages, and ratio/proportion. You may not use a calculator for the mathematics section.
- Science assessment: includes science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, basic physical principles, and general science.
- English and Language Usage assessment: includes knowledge of punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling.
Taking the TEAS Test
- Individuals must arrive on-time
- Individuals must present a government issued photo ID and their ATI username and password
- Test length is four hours
- Calculators, cell phones, or any other electronic communication devices are NOT allowed
- All personal belongings must be secured prior to testing (lockers are provided at the Testing Center)
- Scratch paper and pencils will be provided by the Testing Center
- Study Manuals or ATI Online Practice TEAS testing is available for purchase in the ATI Online Store.