Career and Academic Preparation (CAP)
Phone: Marci Nixon | 509-751-4078
We provide a variety of program options for students who are preparing for entry into college level coursework, vocational-technical programs, and the workforce.
- GED® preparation classes are designed for individuals who wish to prepare for the college entrance exam or for the four subject tests included on the General Educational Development (GED®) exam.
- High School Plus (HS+) is a competency-based high school diploma designed for adult learners (18 and older).
- I-BEST – Integrated Basic Education Skills pathway training programs are designed for students to improve their English language or basic skills while earning college-level certificates or two-year degrees.
English Language Acquisition (ELA)
English Language Acquisition (formerly ESL) provides English language classes to non-native-English-speaking immigrants, refugees, and citizens.
Build skills in:
- Critical Thinking
Tuition is $25 per quarter.
- Beginning Literacy through Advanced
- On and Off-Campus classes
- ELA e-learning computer literacy
- Advisors are available to help you plan for college
How to Get Started:
- Call 509.751.4078
- Email [email protected]
General Education Development (GED)
Marci Nixon | 509.751.4078
The new GED® test series has 4 content areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
As of January 2, 2014, all GED testing is computer-based.
All GED examinees need to have an active email account in order to complete the new GED registration process. Free email accounts can be created at www.gmail.com, or www.hotmail.com, or at www.yahoo.com.
To register, pay for, and schedule your GED tests, click here to create your account on GED.com
Registration is required a minimum of 24 hours prior to the testing date/time you want to schedule. Cancellations must be made with Pearson VUE, here, 24 hours in advance or examinees/students will not be reimbursed for a missed test.
The testing fee is $30.00 per test and Official Practice tests are $6.00 per test. Missed tests result in a forfeiture of fees.
For more information on testing, contact the WWCC Testing Center at [email protected]
If you are interested in classes to help prepare for the GED tests please contact Marci Nixon at: 509.751.4078
High School Plus
Phone: 509.751.4078 or 509-426-7980
High School Plus is a competency-based high school diploma designed for adult learners (18 and older). HS+ encourages lifelong learning and prepares students to transition into I-BEST or other college programs that lead to further training and education or to acquire family-wage jobs.
High School Plus Program Highlights
- Earn a Washington State High School Diploma
- Open doors to financial aid, college, and careers
- Pay only $25 a quarter in tuition
- Receive credit for prior work experience, high school credits, military, parenting experience, and other types of applicable life experience
- Attend class on Clarkston Campus and instruction via computer from Walla Walla Campus
- One-on-one advising
- Career education goal planning and support, and
- Financial/aid college scholarship information
Jen Gonthier or Marci Nixon can help you get started. Jen 509-426-7980 | Marci 509.751.4078