Announcing availability of CARES Act
Higher Education Emergency Funds
Walla Walla Community College students with financial hardship due to the COVID-19 health crisis may qualify for emergency funds from the federal CARES Act.
Emergency Assistance to Students
COVID-19 Emergency Funding Update:
While some emergency funding is still available to help students through the continued disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal emergency funding is limited and we are awarding students on a case-by-case basis. Student completing an Emergency Fund Request form now are not guaranteed to be awarded federal emergency funding. There were 4 phases of federal student emergency support. For more information on the 4 phases of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, or HEERF, please see Program Summary below. Guidance released from the US Department of Education in May 2021, expanded the eligibility of students for these HEERF funds. Criteria for release of funds to students was adjusted to include this expanded eligibility.
Current Funding for Students
As of March 1st 2022, Walla Walla Community College is continuing funding students with Federal Emergency Relief Grant from ARP and SAIHE with limited funds. Students were notified if they have been funded. Students will only receive federal emergency funding once per term. Students who have extenuating circumstances and need beyond HEERF funding, may be considered for other, more limited resources based on eligibility and availability.
- HEERF I is called the CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act). WWCC was awarded $1,243,859 in the student portion of the
- HEERF I (CARES Act) funds. All of these funds have been distributed to students.
- HEERF II is called the CRRSAA (Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act). WWCC was awarded $1,243,859 in the student portion of the HEERF II (CRRSAA) funds. All of these funds have been distributed to students.
- HEERF III is called the ARP (American Rescue Plan).WWCC was awarded $4,301,616 in the student portion of the HEERF III (ARP) funds. These funds began to be distributed to students during the Fall term, the remainder is in process of being distributed.
- HEERF II: is called SAIHE (Supplemental Assistance to Institutions of Higher Education) WWCC was awarded $975,679 in the student aid portion of the HEERF II (SAIHE) funds. These funds began to be distributed to students during the Winter term, the remainder is in process of being distributed.