Announcing availability of CARES Act
Higher Education Emergency Funds
Walla Walla Community College students with financial hardship due to the COVID-19 health crisis may qualify for emergency funds from the federal CARES Act.
All currently registered spring quarter Walla Walla Community College students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Must be working on an approved degree or certificate that is at least 24 credits in length.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, or permanent resident.
- Must demonstrate an ability to take on-ground classes, versus only taking classes online (students who live out of state and have a history of only taking online classes are not eligible to apply).
- Must not be in default of a federal student loan or owe a repayment of a federal grant.
- Must register with the Selective Service if a male, and at least 18 years old.
- Must have at least 2.0 cumulative GPA if a continuing student.
Other factors affecting eligibility and the amount awarded to students include:
- The type of need indicated on the application form.
- The number of credits students are currently registered for.
- Students must set up their Net ID and have a WWCC email account.
- Funds are limited and the college does not guarantee that every student who is eligible will receive funding.
To seek CARES Act, please follow this link to an online application: https://tinyurl.com/emergency-funding-funding