Faculty and staff have the opportunity to work with students closely, and are often the first to notice when a student is distressed.  WWCC Counselors are here to support faculty and staff in assisting students.  We encourage you to call a Counselor for consultation, refer students to counseling services or to walk a student to the Advising & Counseling Center (509) 527-4262 (Walla Walla Campus) or to see Emma Carpenter (509) 758-1713 (Clarkston Campus) for urgent assistance.

If a student requires emergency services when WWCC staff are unavailable, they are advised to contact the Walla Walla County Crisis Response Unit at (509) 524-2999 or Comprehensive Mental Health Services at (509) 524-2920 or for the Clarkson campus contact Asotin and Garfield County Crisis Line at 1-888-475-5665 or Quality Behavioral Health at (509) 758-3341.

Here is a link to the article “How to Help a Student in a Mental Health Crisis” from The Chronicle of Higher Education:


Faculty and staff in need of personal counseling services have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit available and information can be found on CCNET.