- Placement Process
- HELP Uploading Documents
- Preparation for the Placement Exam
- Retaking the Placement Exam
- Off Campus Placement Exam Option
- Placement Testing for Other Colleges
- Placement Appeals Form
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Walla Walla Community College determines Math, English, and Reading placement by evaluating a variety of sources. Please carefully read through the sections below to ensure that you achieve the best placement possible.
Before you can begin the placement process, you must apply to Walla Walla Community College. Application processing may take up to three (3) business days. Click here to apply.
Once you receive your student ID number, complete the following steps:
- Activate your NET ID by clicking here.
- Complete placement application.
Before you start, please note the following:
- Once you choose “Finish”, you will not be able to return to the application.
- Evaluation of your submissions may take 1-2 business days
- Once the evaluation is complete, you will receive your own individualized set of instructions via your WWCC e-mail account. It is important to follow your instructions which have been tailored to your submissions.
To begin the Placement Application, click here.
*PLEASE NOTE* This form is primarily for New Degree Seeking Students only.
- If you are a currently enrolled student at WWCC, talk to your Advisor or Testing Center Staff to ensure the correct form is filled out.
- If you are planning to only take one course at WWCC and not complete a degree with us, please talk to a Testing Center Staff.
- Placement information will be sent to your WWCC Student email account. Click here to log into your email. Placements are only valid for one year.
If you need assistance logging in, please contact the help desk at [email protected] or 509.527.4289 during regular business hours.
Documents must be scanned using a scanner or scanning app on your phone. Documents must be clear and legible. Assistance with uploading documents is available at the following locations:
Walla Walla Campus – Office of Admissions and Registration 509.527.4267
Clarkston Campus – Business office 509-758-3339
If you would like to submit scores for a standardized test (SAT/ACT/Smarter Balance) but you do not have a paper copy of your score report, you may save and upload a screen shot of the score report.
Once you choose “I’M FINISHED”, you will NOT be able to add more documents. Be sure to upload ALL documents that you would like to have reviewed BEFORE you choose “I’M FINISHED”.
If you are required to take an exam to complete your placement, we encourage you to prepare before testing. Click here for practice materials. Select the “Classic” version of the practice material.
Students wishing to retake the placement exam should note the following:
- Retakes must be approved by a testing center staff member.
- The retest fee is $10. This fee must be paid prior to retesting at the Cashier’s office.
To request a retake, please complete the following form. You will be notified via your WWCC email the outcome of your request.
If you are unable to sit for a placement exam at one of the two campuses (Walla Walla or Clarkston), remote testing may be available in your area. Please contact the testing center for details at 509.527.4267 or [email protected]
Walla Walla Community College is an ACCUPLACER testing site. If you are testing for a college that requires the ACCUPLACER test, please contact your college to set up a remote session and select WWCC as the testing location. Once the remote test has been set up, please call 509.527.4267 or email [email protected] to make an appointment.
Please note the following:
- You must bring a government issued photo ID. You will not be allowed to test without it.
- All students who take the placement exam for another college will need to pay an $11 testing fee prior to testing at the cashier’s office.
If you are unsatisfied with the placement that has been awarded to you, please make an appointment with Erika Bockmann, Program Coordinator of Testing, to discuss your concerns.