A patron must have a WALNET card issued by a WALNET member library in order to borrow items from the WWCC and WALNET member libraries. The WALNET library card provides smoother and more accurate borrowing transactions and allows for patron account customization. Patrons who do not have their card with them will need to provide personal or school issued identification.
- Books and periodicals CHECKOUT for 3 weeks.
- CDs, DVDs, video tapes and audio cassette tapes CHECKOUT for 1 week.
- Books and periodicals may be RENEWED up to twice and media once, unless a HOLD has been placed on the item by another patron.
- Reference materials cannot be checked out and are available for ‘in-library use’ only. Exceptions are possible depending on the reason, the nature of the item, and the length of time the item is needed.
- Blocked patrons are subject to losing their borrowing privileges and are encouraged to clear up their record with the relevant library. This policy is governed by WALNET agreements with member libraries in the consortium.
- Reserve materials are kept behind the front desk and are checked out for up to 2 hours per transaction for ‘in-library use’ only. See Reserve Policies for more details. Items are put on reserve by instructor request. On rare occasions instructors may make an exception to the ‘in-library use’ restriction.