Walla Walla Community College offers the COMPASS placement exam (we also accept placement scores from the Asset placement exam). This exam is designed to match your current math, reading, and writing skills to the appropriate WWCC courses.
- Exam Preparation
- Taking the Exam
- Placement Exam Schedule
- Running Start Placement Exams
- Placement Testing for Other Colleges
- Placement Testing Off Campus
- Use study guides available through ACT online. Click here to take a sample placement test.
- Come to the test well rested and relaxed to improve your concentration.
- Contact our testing staff if you need more ideas or have any questions.
Taking the Exam
- Apply for admission for admission 24-48 hours prior to testing.
- Schedule your placement exam by calling 509.758.3339 or toll free 877.471.6629.
- Bring government issued photo ID and your WWCC student identification number.
- The placement exam is free in most cases. All students testing for other colleges will be charged a $11 testing fee. Likewise, any students who are approved to retake the Compass exam will be charged a $10 testing fee.
- Don’t schedule anything else around your placement test. This test is not timed and may take up to 3 hours to complete. We want you to have as much time as you need to be successful.
- Your results will be reviewed upon completion of the exam.
- If you wish to challenge your placement exam results, call 509-758-3339
- If you require accommodations for the placement exam due to a disability call 509.758.3339 prior to placement testing.
Placement Exam Schedule
Schedule your placement exam by calling 509.758.3339 or toll free 877.471.6629.
- Compass & eCasas: Room 117
- 1:00 PM Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays
- 5:15 PM Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Running Start Placement Exams
- Apply for admission at least 24-48 hours prior to testing.
- Ask your guidance counselor if the placement exam is available on your campus. Many students can complete the placement test at their high school campus.
- If you are testing on the Clarkston Campus, please schedule your placement exam by calling 509.758.3339 or toll free 877.471.6629.
- Inform the testing staff upon signing up that you are a Running Start candidate.
- “Next steps” information will be provided upon completion of your exam.
Placement Testing for Other Colleges
- Schedule your placement exam by calling 509.758.3339 or toll free 877.471.6629
- When you sign in inform the testing staff that you will be testing for another college.
- All students who take the placement exam for another college will be charged a $11 testing fee.
- You will receive a copy of your results, and with your consent, our testing staff will fax your results to the institution of your choosing.
Placement Testing Off Campus
- Remote testing services are available at most locations.
- Contact [email protected] or 509.527.4267 for more information about remote testing for Walla Walla Community College or to schedule a remote exam.