Energy - Wind
Technicians for the Wind Energy Industry should:
- Be able to pass basic mechanical aptitude test.
- Be able to climb 280 foot ladders and work at this elevation.
- Be able to work in confined spaces.
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Have the ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Be able to work standing for long hours.
- Have no criminal history.
- Be able to pass a drug test.
- Have a valid driver's license, travel will be involved.
- Have a clean driving record.
- Be able to follow exact instructions.
- Be able to work in and promote a safe environment.
- Be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Be able to work with people in a team-oriented environment.
- Be prepared to work with electrical hazards.
- Have an aptitude for mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Be prepared for possible relocation.
For additional information including regional employment data, completion rates, student characteristics, and employment see http://www.careerbridge.wa.gov.