The Philosophy department seeks to encourage a life-long exploration of the human condition by investigating the nature and origins of human experience and the meaning and application of those experiences in all their varied contexts, systems, cultures, and customs.
- Examine culturally diverse works in philosophy and apply philosophical concepts to other academic areas of inquiry.
- Construct, formulate, and utilize an appropriate level of creativity, discipline, and technique in the production of assigned work in the humanities.
- Compare and analyze culturally diverse works in literature and philosophy
- Identify and employ terminology commonly used in the humanities.
- Apply ancient ideas to contemporary issues.