The Science Division seeks to provide students with a diverse array of physical and life science classes through which they will develop an increased awareness and understanding of scientific knowledge and the scientific method of investigation by which this knowledge has been gained.
- An understanding of discipline specific terminology and methods.
- An ability to correctly use discipline specific tools and /or techniques.
- Critical thinking skills necessary in science including appropriate study techniques, problem solving skills and the use of data to assess the validity of claims.
- The ability to research, interpret and communicate concepts obtained from scientific literature.
- An understanding of the relationships between course concepts and society, including the impact of course specific technology.