Walla Walla Community College and the Medical Assisting Program inspires all students to discover their potential and achieve their goals by providing relevant, equitable, and innovative learning opportunities and services.
Our mission is reflected in:
Excellence: The environment is characterized by mutual respect and the pursuit of knowledge in an atmosphere grounded in tradition and with a focus on the future.
Student Success: Each student is valued as an individual within a diverse group and is supported to accomplish his/her career goals.
Faculty Support: Our faculty provides quality instruction that promotes critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Lifelong learning is emphasized.
Strong Communities: The college partners with business, industry and other schools to contribute as a partner for economic development and stability.
- The Medical Assisting graduate will be able to apply the fundamental knowledge base acquired in medical assisting courses to safely, efficiently, and accurately perform clinical and administrative competencies.
- The Medical Assisting student will use knowledge gained in interrelationship and social science courses to assist him/her in being able to communicate with patients and other members of their healthcare team with sensitivity to cultural, legal and ethical implications.
- The Medical Assisting student will integrate knowledge gained in medical assisting courses to prepare for and assist with medical emergencies.
- The Medical Assisting student will use technology skills, including computer hardware and software, in the performance of clinical and administrative competencies.
- The Medical Assisting student will employ appropriate medical terminology to communicate professionally and accurately in the clinic setting, both verbally and in their documentation.
- The Medical Assisting student will demonstrate professionalism in all of their courses and as they relate to the practice of medical assisting on their personal, institutional, local, state, and national levels.
- The Medical Assisting student will be prepared to enter the profession competently, as entry-level medical assistants in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.