Physical Education and Recreation
The mission of the Physical Education and Recreation Division is to provide knowledge that encourages positive lifestyle practices, attitudes and values. The division is committed to promoting continual self-assessment and personal growth to enrich the quality of life.
- Calculate target heart rate and demonstrate its use.
- Articulate and practice proper activity mechanics.
- Develop an individual workout plan with strategic design and attainable goals.
- Identify the benefits of proper exercise methods, warm-up and cool down techniques, stretching techniques, and safety.
- Demonstrate the progressive increase of workload to improve fitness levels.
- Articulate and practice concepts associated with general fitness, cardiovascular improvement, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, stress reduction and safety.