Energy Systems Technology - HVACR
Technicians entering the HVACR Industry should:
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Have an acceptable driving record, this typically will be checked by employer.
- Be able to write reports and subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Be able to use personal computer or notebook with basic computer skills.
- Be able to pass a drug test if required by an employer.
- Be able to work in adverse weather and ambient conditions.
- Be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Be able to work in confined spaces.
- Be able to work long hours - during peak season 12 hour days are possible.
- Be able to follow exact instructions and perform service and installation outlined in manuals.
- Be able to read and interpret technical manuals, schematics, blueprints, and code regulations.
- Be able to work in and promote a safe environment.
- Be able to take initiative and work without direct supervision.
- Be able to work with others and effectively communicate orally and written.
- Be prepared to work around electrical and mechanical potential hazards.
- Be able to use critical thinking and problem solving skills with an aptitude for mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Be prepared for possible relocation.
For additional information including regional employment data, completion rates, student characteristics, and employment see http://www.wtb.wa.gov/etp.