Energy Systems Technology - HVACR
Technicians for the HVACRE Industry should:
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Have an acceptable driving record, this typically will be checked by employer.
- Be able to pass a drug test if asked by an employer.
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Be able to work in confined spaces.
- Be able to work long hours - during peak season 12 hour days are possible.
- Be able to follow exact instructions.
- Be able to work in and promote a safe environment.
- Be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Be able to work with others and communicate effectively.
- Be prepared to work around potential electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Be able to use critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Have an aptitude for mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Be prepared for possible relocation.
For additional information including regional employment data, completion rates, student characteristics, and employment see http://www.wtb.wa.gov/etp.