Energy Systems Technology - HVACR
The Energy Systems Technology - Heating, Ventilating, Air-Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) Training program at Walla Walla Community College offers technical education for students who are eager to be involved in a growing and sustainable industry that affects every aspect of our lives. Students will be trained in theory and application to enter the workforce as an entry level HVACR technician. The program will provide students with a good electrical and mechanical foundation, as well as deliver an awareness of energy conservation and environmental responsibility that will allow the graduate to work safely in residential, commercial, and industrial HVACR work environments.
- Provide students with marketable technical and interpersonal skills for the HVACR trade, resulting in career placement, with potential for advancement.
- Provide environmental and work place safety training that meets appropriate industry local, regional and federal standards.
- Provide relevant HVACR training through hands-on and field experience to prepare the students for an entry level position into technical industry.
- Perform system measurements and calculations in superheat, subcooling, capacities, flow, pressures, temperatures, level, and calibration.
- Perform recovery, evacuation, charging and refrigerant and oil management in refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pumps.
- Develop students' analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities through interactive media troubleshooting, instructional lectures, hands-on labs and assigned project completion to diagnose electrical and mechanical HVACR systems.
- Assess student preparedness through online, verbal, written, lab tests, and National Certification Exams.
- Develop the skill working iwth technical tools and instruments, and work with diagrams and complex instructions and procedures used in the HVACR field.
- Acquire appropriate licenses, certificates, and degrees upon exiting Walla Walla Community College.