Early Childhood Education
The mission of the Early Childhood Education program is to provide educational and training opportunities to a diverse population of students who plan to work with children and their families in programs providing care and early education.
- Provide students with the highest level of instruction in the knowledge and skills required in the field of early childhood education.
- Attract, retain and graduate competent students into the early childhood education profession.
- Keep programs current with industry standards by involving community stakeholders in curriculum development and verification of student outcomes.
- Articulate the Early Childhood Education program with regional high schools and universities.
- Educate and graduate students who possess the knowledge and skills required to succeed in early childhood careers or studies at the university level.