- Students must have a high school diploma or GED® before entering the Cosmetology program. Exception: Running Start students may enroll in cosmetology as long as all other requirements are met.
- Completion of the Placement Tests offered by WWCCs Student Development Center.
- Mathematics Competence: Eligible to enter BUS 112.
- Reading Skills: College Level Reading.
- Writing: Eligible for Write 100.
- Students shall contact one of the Cosmetology instructors regarding appropriate program placement and paying a priority list fee to determine specific quarter start in the program.
- Students may enter the program fall, winter, or spring quarter, depending on space availability.
- Normal visual acuity (with or without correction)
- Physical dexterity, i.e. to grasp small objects and perform hand, finger manipulations.
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time with arms at shoulder level.
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time standing.
- Students are advised to consult their physicians as to possible health problems (i.e., allergies, asthma, dermatitis, etc.) before enrolling.