The mission of the Communication Studies department is to prepare students for a multicultural, multimedia world where the ability to gather, organize, evaluate and present information in a wide variety of contexts, from face-to-face conversations to a variety of electronic tools, will be essential for individuals and organizations to achieve their goals.
- Develop and employ verbal and nonverbal skills essential communicate oral presentations and effectively build relationships with others.
- Utilize appropriate listening techniques.
- Formulate and demonstrate the process of designing a successful oral presentation from outline to delivery.
- Identify and describe the ethics of public speaking.
- Identify, define, and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Compare and contrast similarities and differences in the communication behaviors of different cultures.