The Humanities Division seeks to enrich students' lives through exploration of the diversity of human expressions and cultures as well as to build a foundation for life-long learning - including successful future academic achievement - through writing, literature, language arts and philosophy.
- Skills in research, grammar, punctuation consistent with qualitative expectations across the curriculum.
- Critical thinking skills in written and oral argumentation, exposition, and expression.
- Attitudes and skills appropriate to receiving and sending messages openly, critically, and responsively.
- To help students develop and perfect writing skills.
- Effective listening skills.