Friendly URL: http://www.wwcc.edu/agbusiness
Agri-Business combines knowledge and skills from the fields of general agriculture and business administration to prepare students for the management functions involved with the production and marketing of agricultural commodities. The Agri-Business curriculum is reviewed by an advisory board composed of local and regional industry members.
(Click button for more info)
Walla Walla Campus
500 Tausick Way
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Download Program Flyer
Inspiring students to reach their fullest potential in terminal, transfer, and job-related courses of study.
- Provide students with the highest level of instruction by offering the latest concepts in Agriculture.
- To attract, retain, and graduate competent students into the Ag Science industry.
- Keep program on "cutting edge" of Agriculture by involving industry in curriculum development and verification of student learning outcomes.
- Articulate the Agriculture Science program horizontally with other related WWCC programs, and vertically, with regional high schools and universities.
- Educate and graduate students who possess the knowledge and skills to participate in the agriculture industry with confidence, or continue their education at the university level with the same confidence.
Students may earn an Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Agri-Business upon completion of the two-year program of study. The Agri-Business program also offers a specialized degree in Wine Marketing and Management. One-year certificates are available upon completion of the first year of study in the AAAS Degree program.
The Associate in Arts Degree is a transfer degree that prepares the student for continued education at a baccalaureate institution. These students will be able to complete their general education requirements before transferring, begin studies in Agri-Business, and take electives based upon their intended degree program. Many courses in the department provide direct transfer credit to regional colleges and universities.