Process for Requesting Accommodations
WWCC students can request accommodations by contacting Claudia Angus, Ph.D. at the Office of Disability Support Services or by email at email@example.com.
- Identify as a person with a disability to the Coordinator of Disability Support Services.
- Complete an accommodation request form. Assistance is available to complete the form. Request forms are available online at www.wwcc.edu.
- Provide supporting documentation that addresses your disability and how the disability substantially limits your access to the educational environment.
- The Coordinator of Disability Support Services will review the information and suggest appropriate accommodations based on your request, the information you provide, information gathered during the interview process, documentation you submit, and your educational program.
- Once accommodations have been determined for a course, a letter is issued to the instructor listing the accommodations.
- Meet with the instructor(s) at a mutually convenient and private time and present the accommodation letter to the instructor. Discuss with the instructor how the accommodations will be implemented. If requested, the Coordinator of Disability Support Services is available to meet with the faculty member and the student to determine the most feasible way to provide the accommodations.
Students are encouraged to make an appointment with the Coordinator of DSS before the beginning of each quarter and at any time there is a concern about an accommodation.