Child Care Aware
Walla Walla Community College Child Care Aware offers a variety of information and services for child care providers, including:
- Referring parents who are seeking child care to licensed programs with vacancies, thereby helping local child care centers and homes achieve full enrollment.
- Offering training programs for child care providers through Walla Walla Community College-Early Childhood & Educational Support Department.
- Helping providers meet STARS training requirements, including information about scholarships.
- Helping family child care providers prepare for licensing in Washington.
- Technical assistance available to child care providers by telephone 25 hours each week.
- Informative quarterly newsletter with information about upcoming events, current child care information and interesting activity ideas.
- Provider Nights Out: A chance to obtain free training about important, timely child care issues and opportunity to network with other child care providers.
- Information on career development and professional opportunities.
- A variety of printed resources on many issues pertaining to quality child care including child development, child guidance, small business administration, communication, and more.
- A LENDING LIBRARY for licensed child care providers, full of great resources including books, toys, periodicals, and equipment.
- Data reports assessing local and statewide child care supply and demand information are available to interested parties upon request.
Contact us at 509-529-5744, toll-free at 1-877-992-9922 x 5744 or e-mail us.