- Skills Assessment
- Vocational/Professional Training
- Employment/Career Counseling
- School Registration Assistance
- Vocational Testing
- Financial Aid Planning/ Assistance
- Referral to Supportive Assistance (transportation, childcare, tuition)
- Post-training Job Search Assistance
Who to Contact:
WorkSource: (509) 527-1813
WWCC: (509) 527-3669
Brief WRT Summary
- Pays for one quarter of professional-technical training at WWCC for eligible participants.
- Over 40 training options are available.
- Participants may be able to continue to draw unemployment benefits.
- Following completion of the training program, job search assistance is available from various WorkSource and WWCC resources.
In order to qualify for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be receiving WA State unemployment benefits or have exhausted your benefits within the last 24 months.
- Be a dislocated worker-you have been laid off from a WA State employer (voluntary quits and terminations can be considered if you are receiving WA unemployment benefits)
- Your work skills do not offer you good prospects for future employment.
- The projected number of current and future openings for your previous job is declining.
- OR be a displaced homemaker who has spent at least 3 years as a full-time homemaker and is not employed.