Mobile Laptop Cart
The Mobile Laptop Cart is equipped with 32 Dell Lattitude laptops available for checkout; an additional three (3) laptops may be requested (for a total of 35 laptops) if needed. The Mobile Laptop Cart may be reserved for use, day or night, during normal operating hours.
The Mobile Laptop Cart (MLC) is available for the main building use only so we can offer the best possible service to you and your students. During high volume hours between 7:30AM through 2:30PM the MLC will be delivered to your classroom by the start of class. At the end of class we will retrieve the MLC and return it for you.
This service is provided as a courtesy to you and your students. Help us extend this service to everyone by having all laptops stored in the cart and ready for pick-up by end of class. In addition, please do not ask the staff member delivering and picking-up the MLC for IT support, reporting, or requests as these matters should go directly to the Helpdesk 527-4357.
Scheduling, Delivery, Pick-Up (main building use only):
We are using Outlook Calendar to reserve/schedule the MLC (same process as reserving the Resource and Conference Rooms).
Go to your Outlook Calendar and select "New Meeting" or "New Appointment"
- Please give 24 hour advance notice if possible
- Click the "TO" button or "Invite Attendees" icon
- Search for "Mobile Laptop Cart" and click "Required" or "OK"
- Include the following:
- Subject Field: Your Name, Course Name, and Additional Laptops(if needed)
- Location Field: Classroom Number
- Start Time & Date: The date and time you need the laptops
- End Time & Date: The date and time you will be finished with the laptops
Important! See if the MLC is available BEFORE you click send!
- Click the "Scheduling" icon (located next to the appointment icon)
- Your start & end time will be highlighted (green and red). If the MLC is unavailable, it will be blocked out in dark blue. You can use the scroll bar at the bottom to view an alternative date or time. Note: this feature can be used for reserving the Resource and Conference Rooms!
- Click the "Appointment" icon again and then "Send"
- You will receive an automatic email confirming your request. Should the MLC have a scheduling conflict, you will receive an automatic email rejecting your request.
Remember! During the hours of 7:30AM through 2:30PM the MLC will be delivered and picked-up to your classroom. Requests for delivery service outside of these hours may be provided on a case-by-case basis. Of course the MLC can be used at any time during normal operating hours.
Rules for Use:
- When using the laptops, always remember to handle them carefully
- NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED BY THE LAPTOPS
- Don't touch the screen
- Laptops are for school use only
- Contact the Helpdesk at 527-4357 if you experience any problems
- When finished carefully match the laptops back to their same number
Quick Start Guide of the Laptop:
- Turn the laptop on by pushing the power button
- Choose the "Lab" icon
- No password is needed
- Internet connectivity/Wi-Fi access is programmed and ready for use. Please be aware that it may take several minutes to connect as all laptops are all using the same Wi-Fi access point
- To shut down the computer, click the Start Menu >> and then click Shut Down
- The easiest ways to have a copy of your work is:
- Saving it to your flash drive
- Emailing it to yourself
- Printing to the cart's wireless printer