Beginning Summer Quarter 2012, WWCC will be partnering with Higher One®, a financial services company focused solely on higher education, to bring a new method for receiving your funding. If you receive any sort of funding (i.e. financial aid, grants, scholarships, loans) through WWCC, you will be getting a WWCC Warrior Card in the mail. Read on for more information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Make sure your Higher One Card or check are sent to the right address. We use the address the college has on file for you in our Student Management System. To see/update your mailing address click on this link: http://wwcc.edu/addresschange
If I use the Warrior Card, how do I avoid fees?
- The key word is "credit" when using your Warrior Card at checkout. "Debit" + PIN# = $.50 charge.
- Use the Higher One ATM on campus to get cash.
- Keep track of your money and avoid overdraft! Check your balance often at www.wwccwarriorcard.com.
ANSWERS TO THE MOST COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Will this impact me?
- Any student that receives funding for their WWCC education will receive a WWCC Warrior Card in the mail. This would include any financial aid grants, loans, or scholarship programs.
- Where will the Higher One card be sent?
- To the address Walla Walla Community College has on file for you. To see/change your address go to: http://wwcc.edu/addresschange
- When will I get my card?
- Once your financial aid file is considered complete and has been reviewed by the college your card will be mailed to you by Higher One. The WWCC financial aid office will send your information on to Higher One. Higher One will then send you a card in the mail. It will be sent to the mailing address on file and will come in a bright green envelope. Go to www.wwcc.edu/addresschange to check your current mailing address and change it if necessary.
- What do I do when I get my card?
- Authenticate and select your preference! When you receive your card it will come with instructions regarding how to go online to authenticate your account and select your preference of how you'd like to receive your money.
- Keep the card. It is good for up to 5 years and can be used if you do later receive any financial aid from Walla Walla Community College.
- You can contact Higher One to obtain a replacement. A replacement fee may apply.
- Contact the college business office to determine your status and address of record.
- You have three options to choose from when you go online to select your preference.
- Higher One Account
- Transfer to another account
- Get a printed check
- You can use your Higher One card at the Higher One ATM machines located on the Walla Walla and Clarkston campuses to draw out up to $500 a day.
- You can use your Higher One card to make a purchase at any retailer that accepts MasterCard. If you wish to receive cash, most retailers will allow you to request cash back if you use the card as a Debit Card. Higher One will charge a fee for using the card as a Debit Card. Click here to see Higher One's fee schedule.
- You can use your Higher One card at any other ATM. Click here to see Higher One's fee schedule.
- Yes. Higher One provides the ability to receive disbursements, make purchases, and access ATMs with a Debit MasterCard. You can also request physical checks.
- Anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
- Login to http://wwccwarriorcard.com using the email address and password you provided when you set up your Higher One account.
- Yes. Simply print the form on your statement page of your Higher One account and give it to your employer.
- Yes. Login to your account. Select REFUND PREFERENCES from the REFUND tab.
- You will receive an email from Higher One.
- You can login to your Higher One account to see all deposits, withdrawals and your balance.
- There are many. Login to your account and view all of the features on your account page.