Step 2     Step 3     Step 4     Step 5     Step 6


Apply Online 

Walla Walla Community College is an open-door, higher education institution. All qualified individuals are accepted who are at least 18 years of age or are graduates of an accredited high school or have an equivalent certificate, i.e., General Educational Development (GED). Applicants under the age of 18 at the time of registration and who are not high school graduates must complete the Under-Age Admission Policy paperwork or be participating in an enrollment option program designed for high school students such as Running Start or Alternative Education Program.

Some programs have specific admission procedures and limited space; therefore, admission to the College does not guarantee availability of all programs or courses. Please review special admission procedures for workforce programs under entrance requirements for the specific program of interest. Under-age admission policy and procedures are available onli

Explanation of Resident Classification

A resident student is one who is a U.S. citizen and has met specific requirements demonstrating permanent residence in the State of Washington. Two elements are necessary to establish permanent residence. The first element requires physical presence on the location claimed as a permanent residence. The second element requires the intent to permanently reside in that location. These two elements can be established by a variety of factors and documentation which should be dated one year and one day prior to the commencement of the quarter for which the student is applying for residency status.

Students wishing to change their residency classification must complete a residency questionnaire and provide necessary documentation.

Application for reclassification prior to registration into classes is preferred. Residency reclassification must take place within 30 calendar days of the first day of the quarter.

Special regulations may apply to some eligible non-citizens, Washington higher education employees, and to military personnel and their dependents stationed in the State of Washington. For further information contact the Office of Admissions and Records at 509.527.4282.

Student Responsibility to Register Under Proper Classification

The student is responsible to register under the proper classification. If there is any question regarding residency, the student (prior to or at the time of registration) must discuss it with the Registrar. Verification must be provided.

Official Change of Status/Reclassification as a Non-Resident

All persons classified as residents of Washington State shall be reclassified as non-resident students whenever there is a change in legal residence to another state.

Students who have been erroneously classified as residents will be reclassified as non-residents and be required to pay the difference between the resident and non-resident tuition and fees for those quarters in which they were erroneously classified.

Application for Reclassification

Students classified as non-residents will retain that status until the written application for reclassification has been approved. The Residence Questionnaire form is available online on the WWCC website. For more information call 509.527.4282.

Non-Resident, U.S. Citizens

Tuition for non-resident U.S. citizens is listed in the  quarterly class schedule. Check the current quarterly class schedule for the most recent fee schedule.