Setting Up Blackberry Using IMAP - (Faculty & Staff)
Following the steps below will configure your Blackberry to IMAP/POP your email from the Exchange Server.
Note: To proceed you will need to have a data plan setup through your cell phone provider.
Setting up your Blackberry:
You need to have the new Exchange Mail set up through the IT Service Desk. Please contact 527-HELP for information.
Once your email account is setup on the sever you need to start the Email setup on your Blackberry phone. This should be located in the setup wizard on your Blackberry.
In the setup wizard you have three selections to choose from:
- I want to create or add an email address
- I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Seriver
- I want to skip email setup
Select the first: I want to create or add an email address
Press "Next". Now select "add an email account". This will connect you to the Internet to complete the following steps.
Next, it will ask for your Email address. This is typicaly configured to be [email protected]
Next, press Enter. You then need to confirm your password.
Now select "I will provide the setting to add this email account" then press NEXT.
Select "Internet Service Provider Email (pop/imap)" then select "I will provide the setting to add this email account" again and press NEXT.
Next, four fields need to be entered. Some may be pre-populated.
- Email address is your [email protected]
- The same as entered in step 5 above
- Username is your NetID
- Password is your email password
- Email server is ex.wwcc.edu (The newer Blackberries will require the Outlook Web Access Server URL, instead of the email server:
This should complete your email setup and your email should now populate to your Blackberry phone.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact the Tech Services Help Desk at 527-HELP.