Accounting and Business Resources
- ipl.org Business, Economics, and Employment Resources: hundreds of links to hundreds of business-related resources available free on the web
- CQ Researcher: a great place look for controversial issues and in-depth background information on a variety of current topics
- Topic Search: looking for a topic for your assignment? this database provides information on current issues and suggests great topics
- ABI/Inform: more than 750 business periodicals including trade and industry research.
- Academic Search Premier: search here for journal articles on almost any topic
- ArticleFirst: index of more than 13,000 journals in many topic areas
- ProQuest Research Library: both abstracts and full-text articles on multi-disciplinary topics ranging from arts to medicine.
FIND NEWSPAPER ARTICLES
- National Newspapers Core: search the Christian Science Monitor, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post all at the same time, or select a specific title from the Publications link on the database home page
- Newspaper Source: find news articles from around the world
- Washington State Newsstand: articles from newspapers such as the Seattle Times and Tri-Cities Herald.
FIND INDUSTRY TRENDS
- Computer Source: search here for the latest trends in the high-tech industry
- Vocational and Career Collection: search here for trade related publications.
- GPO Monthly Catalog: if the US Government prints it, you'll probably find it here.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: the place to go for statistics about jobs in the USA
- Department of Commerce: US department of commerce and industry
- US Government/Money and Taxes: links from the US Government on taxes and saving money.
FIND CULTURAL DATA
- Culturegrams: find out about cultures, major exports and customs of countries and states around the world
- Fuente Academica: find information in Spanish on a variety of topics, including business and economics
- CIA WorldFactbook: basic statistics about most world countries, collected by the US Government
FIND BACKGROUND INFORMATION AND BOOKS