Rules & Policies
- Labs are primarily for student and faculty/staff use. Use by others is subject to the availability of PCs and their appropriate application. Students may be required to provide proof of enrollment.
- Lab computers are for school related work only. Students using lab PCs for other purposes may be asked to leave if there are students waiting to work on assignments.
- Lab headphones are to be used for school related work only. Students must provide an ASB card to use lab headphones.
- No food or drink in the lab
- No downloading of MP3 or any files for entertainment purposes.
- No installing of programs on the lab PCs
- For gaming, contact the Computer Club for Saturday lab use.
Any behavior that is destructive to the use of the labs will not be allowed.
Walla Walla Community College
Information Resources Acceptable Use Policy
It is the policy of Walla Walla Community College (WWCC) to maintain access for its community to local, national, and international sources of information and to provide an atmosphere that encourages access to and sharing of information. It is expected that college information resources will be used by members of the college community with respect for the public trust through which they have been provided and in accordance with policy and regulations established by the college and its operating units. This policy does not prevent operating units from establishing additional procedures consistent with this policy that apply to use of specific information resources.
In this policy, information resources are defined as those computers, computer software, networks, and electronic messaging systems (e-mail, voice mail, Internet, facsimile and imaging systems) operated by or for the benefit of the students, faculty, and staff of the college. The use of these resources is a privilege, not a right. The user is responsible to use these resources in an efficient, ethical and legal manner.
All users shall strictly adhere to both the letter and spirit of this policy, which is provided to ensure a predictable, secure information resources environment for all users. Failure to comply with the regulations set forth in this policy may result in loss of information access privileges or other penalties.
- The use of WWCC information resources shall be solely for facilitating the processing and exchange of information in furtherance of education and research. Use shall be consistent with the mission, policies, and procedures of WWCC.
- De minimus (infrequent or occasional) use of state information resources resulting in little or no actual cost to the state is allowable, as long as it does not violate any of the provisions in this section. Examples of de minimus use include making brief local telephone calls, occasionally accessing Internet for personal use, or utilizing college e-mail to make appointments or contact other individuals.
- WWCC information resources shall not be used to transmit any communication in any form (e.g., text, images, sound) where the content and/or meaning of the message or its transmission or distribution would violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Network users shall promote efficiency in order to minimize network congestion and interference with other network users. Sending inappropriate mail to large distribution lists, downloading large files (e.g., music or video files) or purposely engaging in activities that overload WWCC information resources is forbidden.
- Users shall respect the rights and property of others and not improperly access or attempt to access, misuse, misappropriate, or violate security of information resources. Specifically, copying of commercial software or installing software not owned by or licensed to WWCC is forbidden.
- WWCC information resources shall not be used for commercial purposes or private gain. Advertising of commercial offerings is forbidden.
- This policy also applies to the use of other networks accessed through WWCC computers or networks.
- Interpretation, application, and modification of this policy shall be within the sole discretion of a designee of the WWCC administration.
- Violation of this policy may result in withdrawal of user privileges, discipline, termination of employment, or expulsion from the college consistent with WWCC policies and procedures.
Adopted by the WWCC Board of Trustees 7/11/97