Technical and Skills Requirements for Washington Online/ANGEL courses.
Before you take an online class, you should be confident about your computer and study skills. Review the following list of requirements to assess your readiness to take online classes.
- I know how to connect to the Web using a web browser.
- I can navigate around the Web and know how to use search engines.
- I know how to send and receive e-mail using the e-mail system of my choice.
- I know how to do basic word processing, including cutting and pasting.
- I know how to open, save, and manage files.
- I have access to a computer 5-7 days per week.
- The computer I will use meets the basic requirements for online classes.
- I have 12 to 15 hours a week to work on each online class.
- I can motivate myself to log in to the virtual classroom at least 5 days a week.
- I have good reading comprehension and written communication skills, and I enjoy communicating in writing.
- I enjoy figuring things out on my own but am able to ask for help when I need it.
If you can't answer "Yes" to all these questions, you may not be quite ready for online learning.
AOL is currently not recommended for use with ANGEL. See browser requirements below. Some courses may have additional requirements. Check the course description for more information.
PC Minimum Configuration
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, MAC OSX
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 7 or newer
- Also try browser FireFox 3.0
- High speed internet or broadband
Some classes may require you to download these plug-ins: