Laptop Use Policy
The library provides laptops for in-library use by students and employees. The laptop is checked out to a patron's WALNET card. A current s.i.d. card provides proof of status. If a current s.i.d. card is not available, staff will request a driver's license be left at the front desk for security until the laptop is returned.
- Wireless hot points are available in Library West, Library East, and directly in front of the Quiet area for personal and library laptops.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No software from these machines can be transferred, duplicated or copied, in accordance with the End-User Licensing Agreements (EULA).
- Users shall not load any software onto these machines.
- Users are responsible for laptops under their name and may be liable for replacement costs should the laptop be damaged, lost or stolen.
- Users are responsible for saving all work on their own storage devices, (floppy, CD, or flash drive) BEFORE the laptop is turned off.
- WWCC library staff can offer limited assistance in use laptops or their software.
- Laptops are not connected to the printers.
- Laptop privileges can be revoked by the library for breach or abuse of these rules by any user.