Academic Advisors Role
Academic Advisors' roles focus on providing academic and support services for students. They are accessible to students and are knowledgeable about the broad range of programs of study available at the WWCC.
- helps students with program planning, course selection and scheduling;
- helps students plan strategies or approaches to successful goal achievement;
- helps students gain an understanding of the complete requirements of a program;
- helps students maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- refers students as needed to Counseling Services for educational, personal or emotional difficulties;
- assists students in the development of functional educational action plans;
- and interprets placement tests results and recommends appropriate classes.