Automotive Repair Program
The Primary Goals:
- To prepare students for employment in the Automotive Technology and related fields.
- To provide learning experiences that will enable our students to learn by doing and advance on the job and grow with the automotive field.
- To enhance students' abilities in communications, human relations, and other aspects of general education.
- Graduates of the Automotive Mechanics Repair Technology Program will be technically proficient in entry level skills as defined by the National Automotive Technician's Education Foundation. ( NATEF).
- Upon student program graduation, 90 percent of the graduates will have performed 85 percent of the tasks established by NATEF.
- Students will demonstrate proper service and repair procedures of the following systems:
- Engine Repair
- Automatic Transaxles/Transmissions
- Manual Drivetrain
- Suspension, Steering and Alignment
- Electrical Systems
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Engine Performance